Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dad, what's the point of this story? I like stories.

I apologize for not posting anything in the past week, but it's kind of tough to post anything with a Vikings bye week. Yes, that's a horrible excuse, but it's the truth. I really didn't have anything to write about - until now.

There are two things I want to cover before I get into my regular Thursday night post. One, because most of you who read this are fairly young and starting out your lives, I thought this was interesting for all of us. You should all read this.

Secondly, a new bill was signed into law this past week, and most of you probably already know, but the president essentially eliminated habeus corpus. Which basically means anyone - terrorist, U.S. Citizen, 4 year old - can be detained, tortured, interrogated, and kept imprisoned without legal aid, and without cause, for as long as desired by those who have done the arrest. I don't know about you, but this is not cool. I am all for a conservative government, and I feel our current administration has done an okay job, up until the past few months. However, everything our forefathers fought for and established our nation on has basically been thrown in the trash. I believe congress is out of touch, they are all a bunch of upper class know it alls, who believe they are working in the best interest of us, a nation made of middle class citizens. How is this possible? I would think that the supreme court would step in and rule this law as unconstitutional, but guess what? Our supreme court is a republican majority. And they are appointed for life, and there doesn't appear to be anyone retiring any time soon. I've always said my worst fear is to be imprisoned for something I didn't do, and now the government doesn't even need a reason to arrest us. It's just wrong.

Lastly, the bowling. Tonight we bowled the first place team in the league, and we sort of held our own. We won the first game, even though my brother bowled a 69 - no, that's not a typo - the rest of us had 200's, including my 240 and Eddie's 254. However, in the second and third games, Brian - on the other team - had a 277 and a 279. He finished with a 770, which is reDONKulous. I've never seen anyone get so close to an 800. I also had a 158 (ugh) and a 212. I finished with a 610, which is pretty awesome for me.

And finally, yes, I'm contradicting my last paragraph, I have a freaking cavity in a tooth. It sucks, and it makes my head hurt. It just came on today too. What the hell? I don't drink pop, I don't eat things with sugar for the most part, and I brush and floss. Ugh. I need to go to the dentist anyway, so I suppose this is a good reason to do it sooner.

Tomorrow, football picks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home