Monday, October 02, 2006

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Boy what a weekend. First the Twins beat the White Sux to have a chance at the American League Central, and then K.C. pulls off the unimaginable by sweeping the Tigers, in Detroit, to give us the league championship, home field advantage in the first round (possibly the second) and sends the Freakin' A's to the dome instead of having to go to New York to start out. Then, the Vikings look terrible by losing to a mediocre team by killing themselves with penalties, missed tackles and dropped passes. Perhaps mediocrity is the expectation for this team, not over achievement. And then, possibly the best thing this weekend, Steve and Janel had their baby, a girl, who they named Julianna Mae. She's adorable, and I know Steve's really excited.

Here are some pictures:









As far as sports go, with Philadelphia winning tonight, I went 9-5 for the weekend, not too bad, but I really missed the mark on the Cheifs -- Who would have thought Huard could be nearly perfect, let alone complete more than 10 passes? Jacksonville got really lazy against Washington, they should NOT have lost that game. Cinci laid down against New England, Ravens/Chargers was too close to call anyway, and the Vikes, well, you know.


MLB playoffs officially start at noon tomorrow. I will find a way to observe that game while at work, if I have to buy a radio subscription to MLB I will, but I am not missing these games. I think the Twinkies will win in 4, 3 if we get bat happy. Regardless, it's going to be an awesome baseball postseason.

Anyway, congratulations again Steve and Janel, I can't wait to watch her grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home