Thursday, September 28, 2006

Alcohol. The cause and solution to all of life's problems.

So, as some of you know, I bowl on Thursday nights in a league, at a crappy bowling alley. I have fun, and so does my team. That's that. Tonight, we only won 2 of 7 possible points, as we only won 1 of 3 games, and lost the total pin count. We did this to a horrible team. The problem lies in the fact that 4 of the 5 of us have averages over 175. When you bowl guys with 150 averages, and you have to give them handicap, that becomes a problem, especially when they have a carreer night. I bowled well, a 185, 196 and a 212, which is nice because I've sucked the past two weeks; but it still sucks to lose to a bad team. I'll be talking about bowling most Thursday PM/Friday AM.

In other sports related news, I'm getting really geeked up about the Twins and the post season. I've been excited the whole season, and their effort is really paying off now, and it will be fun to see us again in October. I just finished watching the game tonight, and although we only scored 2 runs against K.C., we still won, and Bradke pitched! And pitched well. After watching Chairman Mauer hit that home run to tie the game in the ninth, I knew we had it made, especially after Twitchy McXanax (Joe Nathan) came in to shut down the offensive juggernaut otherwise known as the Royals. And lo and behold, Jason Bartlett comes through again. Great stuff.

I don't want to get too wordy this late, and I don't want to waste space for tomorrow, so, make sure to come back as I will be releasing my weekly football picks for Sunday. Besides, I have DVR'ed CSI to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home